Sunday, June 1, 2008

Showers and Flowers Galore

Hey everyone.... it's been a while since I posted (I know, some of you have been checking daily to see if there are new posts, and there is not so I digress).

Was a busy weekend at the Kahle (soon-to-be) Nelsen household. Friday night (or as I like to call it, my birthday eve), we met Lisa's parents and sister (Lindsey) at Jonny B's (home of our reception supper) for a bite to eat and then came back to our place and relaxed.

Saturday morning began at 5:30 as we were to be in Ringsted by 9:15 for the start of our shower. Lisa's parents (her dad came with to so he could kick it with my dad), sister's (and sister-in-love Becky) and G'ma Uecker came with and we headed down to God's Country. We got there and dropped Curt off with my dad so they could drive around and look at the dirt in the fields while the rest of us attended our shower.

The shower was good and we got a lot of nice things which made it even better. After the cars were packed, we sent Robyn, Becky and Lindsey back with a load and we stayed at my parents for a bit and had lunch. Some friends of ours, Jason and Betsey, along with their daughter Ella, stopped by and had lunch to so that was nice to catch up. After lunch, we stopped out at the farm to see Grandma and Grandpa Nelsen before heading back to Mankato.

Once returning to Mankato, we unpacked (which stinks) all of our stuff and got everything as situated as possible. After a few drunk calls from Lisa's siblings, we decided to head home and hang out with them in Ryan and Becky's garage. It was a good time, and we stopped at Taco Bell so I could have my birthday supper on the way.
We got there and played a few games of Polish Golf and caught up before heading back to
Mankato.
This morning we slept in till 9:30 (that never used to be sleeping in back in the day, I don't know what's happening to us) and then finished putting stuff away. My parents came up around 1:15 and took us out to lunch and then we went to Menards and used a nice gift certificate that we had gotten for the wedding. We bought a Sheppard's Hook (for our new bird feeder), two pots, a garden rake, grass seed, potting soil, a hose, a hose gun, and a variety of flowers.
One quick side note, my mother, god-bless her sole, loves flowers... At Menards there was a trash can filled full with waving pansies. Mother said they were perfectly good flowers, so she talked to the associate there and got six flats of them for 5 bucks. And then donated them to our cause.
So we got home, dad helped me plant the grass quick and I watered it while Lisa pulled weeds and mom looked at our shower cards. Mom and dad left and Lisa planted our flowers before we retired for the night. They look nice and hopefully they will look good all summer and hopefully the neighbor kids will stay off our grass.

So, here is what the flowers look like...Lisa did such a good job didn't she?


This is where i planted the grass seed
These are the flowers that were saved from the dumpster...I just hope I don't have to put them there in a week.

No comments: