Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's been a while

Hey everyone-
Let me first begin by saying, sorry for the lack up updates on the blog over the past month, it's been a while, and we've been busy.

As you can probably see, we are now married. The big day was July 26, and we couldn't have asked for a better day. The weather was perfect, the flower girl and ring bearer didn't scream during pictures and they walked down the isle, and we had a great reception at the Best Western.
There is so much I could talk about in regards to the wedding, but since most of you who read this blog were probably there, I won't get too deep into details. The thing that shocked me most about the day was how fast it went. From when we started pictures until the end of the dance still seems like a blur, and I'm sure that once we watch the video, things will start to pop back into our head from the day.

After the wedding, we opened gifts at our place and then headed to the cities. We had a visitor with us to the cities, as my (Scott) college roommate of 3.5 years decided to come to the wedding on the Friday before the wedding (he lives in Arizona). So, he caught a ride with us to the airport and flew out Monday, while Lisa and I jumped on a plane and headed to the Rivera Maya in Mexico for our honeymoon.

We had a great day of travel, no delays, no drama and after nearly 12 hours of travelling (we had to leave for the airport at 4:30 in the morning, we arrived in Cancun. After going through customs and checking in with our travel company we were in a van and on our way to our resort, the El Dorado Royale. It was an absolutely beautiful place - and 100% kid free - and Lisa and I had a great time. We stayed their for eight days, swam with the dolphins, went snorkeling, and most importantly relaxed and shut ourselves down from the outside world. By the end of the trip - as with any trip - we were ready to get home and back to a structured schedule.

This past weekend was a busy one for us as well. Friday night, we went back to Gaylord to the in-law's and rehashed the wedding and caught up. Sunday, we were up early and off to Redwood Falls to A&W Furniture to get ourselves a new bedroom set, mattress, couch, chair and footrest. Last night, after running a couple of errands, we finally settled down and caught some of the Olympics (I'm a geek about the Olympics and was kind of disappointed with myself for not seeing much of the first full day of competition...heck, I was lucky to see the ending of the opening ceremonies on Friday night).

Today we got up and met my brother and his wife, and Jason, Betsey and Ella at TGIFriday's for lunch, afterwards, we went to Target and used a bunch of gift cards and purchased several items that we needed for our house...So as I sit here and type, Lisa is busy putting stuff away, but it probably works out better that way because I'm out of her way.

That's it for now, sorry again for the delay, but hopefully I can get in a regular posting mode.

Hope every one is well, I'll leave you with some photos of the wedding day-

SnL


















No comments: