Thursday, January 8, 2009

We're Alive

Sorry I've been a bad blogger lately.

Not much as been new with the Nelsen household. We had a good Christmas and it was great to see family. Unfortunately on Christmas night, Lisa came down with the flu and was sidelined for about five days (including two nights on the couch) so it kinda stunk that she was under the weather as much as she was.

I got some great books for Christmas and I've already finished one. Big Russ and Me, which was written by Tim Russert. It was a good read and he has another book out there that I want to read. I'm about to start a Tiger Woods book and Tony Dungy's book.  I don't know if I made it an official New Year's resolution to read more, but I guess I am trying too.

Work is about to get back in the regular mix again.  Students are back next week (for 17 more weeks) and all of our winter sports teams are back in full force and our spring teams have begun practice or are about to.  Hopefully basketball keeps me nice and busy for the next couple of months (that would mean they are winning).  

Totally random thought for ya'll.  Last night, at Anytime, I jumped on a treadmill that I thought was tuned to NBC... It wasn't and because I was I had already started I didn't want to get off my machine and go change the channel and risk losing it...I digress... Anyway, it was on A&E and evidently the fine folks at A&E (which time to time has decent programing) decided that it would be a good idea to air a show called Parking Wars.  Anyway, seriously (in the immortal words of aaron burdorf) this is what reality tv is coming too?  parking wars?  talk about brutal (aaron, once again).  Looking back on in I should have risked switching the channel... Lucky for me, my ipod is working (i disconnected it too soon yesterday and it didn't sync properly and then it was on the fritz last night) and I don't have to worry about watching tv when i got work out tonight.

Anyway, enough with my random topics...Good luck to the Hawks tonight against the Gophers.

SnL


1 comment:

Aaron Burdorf said...

Nice ode to Aaron! seriously Scott, that does sound like a brutal show. :)