Monday, June 8, 2009

Week one in the books

Well week one with Eddie (aka: Edward and 'Dawrdo) is in the books and we are learning more and more about our little buddy each day.
1)  He is a great dog.  I know most people say they have a great dog, but he really is a great dog.  Doesn't jump (he will climb on you and stay, but he won't jump up and down on you) 
2)  He poops and pees on walks only, which kinda sucks when it's raining but is nice that I don't have to clean up yard bombs
3)  He is house trained, no accidents as of yet (knock on wood)
4)  He stays off the furniture
5)  He sleeps through the night.  

All that said, I'm sure I have probably jinxed tonight but we will see.  He gets to meet Curt and Julie tonight, so that should be fun...The little guy doesn't shy away from attention too much.

We took him to the vet today and he got a clean bill of health...Was told he could lose a few pounds, but then again, so could I, so our walks should be beneficial to both of us.

Life around here has been good.  I worked the Minnesota State High School Softball Tournament last weekend and he had great weather (never got warmer than like 78).  Saturday and Sunday were kind of low key due to the nearly three inches of rain we got in the Greater Mankato Area, but that is fine, we needed it, and the farmers need it even more.

Other than that, life has been good...I start volunteering at the Miracle League field tomorrow night here in town, so I am really excited for that, it should be a blast.  

Last night I caught one of my favorite tv shows (Ice Road Truckers, this season is going to be intense) and then watched a new show called Whale Wars (i think) about stopping whaling on animal planet...Looks like there is another show to add to the mix.

That should about do it... Until next time-

SnL

2 comments:

Aaron Burdorf said...

What is it with Ice Road Truckers?! Aaron loves that show too and I think it's boring! Same thing...they drive over ice.

Scott Nelsen said...

come on jamie...give it a chance.