Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Maybe a summer home away from home...


Today was a great day in the Minnesota State Athletic Communications office. Through one of my boss's (PA) contacts, we got a private tour of the new Twins ballpark, Target Field.
Talk about a beautiful place to watch a game. Until my sophomore year of college, I had never been to an outdoor ball game before I went to Kaufmann Stadium in Kansas City and I have seen about 10 games there. I have also been to Petco Park in San Diego and it (Petco) was the best ball park I have ever been to, until today. From everything I have heard, Target Field takes the best of every new ballpark and combines it into one. What I saw they took from Petco in San Diego was the open concourse. No matter where you walk around the concourse you can see the field basically unobstructed. They have also installed a boat load of HD tvs in the concourse so you never can miss the action. Plus they have added a lot more bathrooms and concession stands, so the lines won't be nearly as bad. Additionally the concourse is twice as wide as it was in the Dome.
For those who want, you can view my album of the day Facebook, here.
We had a good - busy - but good Easter. We drove down to Iowa Saturday night and had Easter Eve supper with Bryon, Brooke and Drake along with my Uncle Arnie. Dad grilled and we watched the Final Four and hung out, it was a good time. Drake is getting big and has a great personality so he's pretty fun to be around right now.
Sunday morning we got up went to church with my parents and then drove to Gaylord to have Easter Dinner with Lisa's family (immediate family, aunt, uncle, cousins and cousins kids). It turned out to be an absolute beautiful day and we hung outside for a couple of hours before heading back to Mankato.
Other than that, there isn't much new in our world. Hope everyone is well-
SnL and Eddie...

No comments: