Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's Official

So if you asked Bryon, he could have told you he has known this all his life...If you ask Lisa, she'd probably say "There were times that he is," but now, you can officially say, I'm a dumba$$.

Here's what happened yesterday. Lisa and I got home from work around the same time and we decided to take advantage of the beautiful day and do some work outside. So, i grabbed my ipod and rake and started working on the front yard with the rake. Lisa went to the basement and grabbed her bags of tulips (28 to be exact) and we went our separate ways.

After an hour, I was done and went toward the driveway to see how things were going for my sweetie. I placed my ipod on my trunk and helped Lisa wrap-up her tulip planting.

Well, we were done and we decided to run to Jimmy John's to get something to eat so we could get home in time to watch the Barack Obama commercial on TV.

Let's fast-forward to 2 p.m. today. I'm working in the office and (Brian) Zins comes in and says "Hey, I found these earbuds wrapped around your antennae on your car." I respond with "Huh, if those are my earbuds, I wonder where my ipod is."

So I got up and left the office and came home to look for my ipod, which I've had for almost two months. I got home, walked around the drive way and around our property and didn't see it and figured "Ah hell, it is probably gone."

So, I go back to the office and break the news to Lisa that I couldn't find my ipod and she's not thrilled to say the least (and neither was I). I got what I needed to done at work and left around 4:10 so I could come home and do some more searching.

Well,I got home and decided to walk the route we would take to Jimmy Johns to see if it fell off my trunk in my neighborhood. About 30 feet from my front yard, I found the ipod, laying on the ground (not smashed) in front of my neighbors house. So i picked it up and turned it on and it still worked! The back of the ipod was a little chewed up from the fall, but other than that, it was working great.

So, there you have it people. I'm the dumbass who has a 200 dollar ipod and I leave it on my trunk as I try to drive away. Let this be a lesson to you all!

Getting back to the Barack Obama commercial. I thought wow, I wonder how much money this was costing him and if it would be potential overkill. Anyway, I settled in last night and watched it and was amazed. I have been an avid supporter of Mr. Obama since I first heard his speech at the 2004 democratic national convention and I thought last night's presentation was amazing.

Busy weekend of MSU athletics ahead this weekend. Tomorrow night (Halloween), Lisa and I are going to stay home and watch the Minnesota State vs. Minnesota game on FSN North and hopefully hand out candy. Saturday, MSU has a home football game that I am working, and Lisa is answering the pressbox phone. Afterwards we are going to the Xcel to watch the second game of the MSU/Minnesota Series (also on FSN North). So cheer on those Mavericks this weekend!

Hope all are well and we wish everyone a Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Mandy Hunecke said...

hey dude... I will be working and bringing a crew to the game Saturday.. maybe I will see ya

Aaron Burdorf said...

Yes, go Gophers as they continue their unbeaten season of hockey... is this like an intramural game put on for a fundraiser by MSU??

Scott Nelsen said...

aaron (because i know jamie wouldn't say that)... I'm punching you through the internet...

The Burdorf's said...

Hey scoots! It's great to be able to follow your busy life! You are a crazy man!