Sunday, May 31, 2009

Birthday Weekend

It's been a great birthday weekend so far...

Friday night after we watched Big, I called Curt, my father-in-law, to ask him if he wanted to come help me put my grill together...

Thankfully he obliged... if i had tried to tackle this task by myself I'm guessing Lisa and I would have gotten into a fight and then I would have put the grill together wrong and it wouldn't work right....

So, Curt and Jules got here Saturday morning and we went to the Hub for breakfast.  This is our (mine and Lisa's) usual tradition every Saturday morning and it was nice to include them.  Once we got back to the house, Julie and Lisa went shopping and Curt and I -  check that, Curt, put together the grill.  I helped, but I basically made sure to stay out of the way...When that guy gets going on a project he is locked in!

After the grill was put together, I took Curt and gave him a drive-by tour of MSU.  We then met the ladies at Menards and Lisa and I came home.

Last week, Lisa had asked me what I wanted to do for my Birthday.  I told her I want to go to the Drive-In in Winthrop for supper.  We went back to Gaylor and Curt, Jules, Lisa and I went to the drive in and it was great.  Afterwards, we went stopped by Curt's Cousin's house, to get some asparagus and then went to Curt and Julie's and played a game of Rummy which lasted for an hour and half...Good times, i got second and Curt won.  When we came home, I marinated our chicken for lunch and then hit the hay.

Today we got up and went to church and then came home and fired up the grill.  Grilled asparagus and chicken and lisa made some rice...It was great!  Fresh strawberries for desert here shortly, an guy couldn't ask for much more.

Closed-Circuit To Jamie...I know I said I would never get a gas grill but I have become too impatient with waiting 40 minutes for the coals to get done.  I have buckled and went with speed.  I did keep the charcoal grill and I am guessing that it will be used every now and then.

This afternoon we are going to run a couple of errands before meeting my folks and Bryon and Brooke in Fairmont at the Channel for supper... Couldn't think of a better way to wrap-up the weekend.

Enjoy yours... I'm going outside, it's way too nice to be indoors.

SnL


No comments: