Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Priced To Sell...

Little bit of a whirlwind evening tonight for Lisa and I...

Between moving in together and joining all of our stuff and two weddings showers, we have accumulated a bunch of stuff that we no longer need/want. I wanted to toss it... My future mother in-law claimed it would sell at a garage sale.

So, last Saturday afternoon, we priced everything (and trust me, it's priced to sell) and took it back to Lisa's Aunt Connie's house. After some discussion, we chose tonight to take it back to Gaylord because I leave for Duluth for a softball tournament this weekend for MSU.

It's a multi-family garage sale, so there is a lot of "stuff" stuffed into this garage. We left after about an hour and I'm rather positive that more stuff was placed in the garage after our departure. Anyway, the whole garage-sale phenomenon; baffles me (nothing against those who garage sale)...When thinking about it, wouldn't a person be better off , itemizing the stuff you want to sell cheap and give them to the Salvation Army or Goodwill and getting the tax break from it? Oh well, to each their own... All I have to say, is that I hope that whatever doesn't sell, doesn't make it back to our place.

It was great however getting to see a lot of Lisa's family. I've meet everyone now, but it's always good to get together and get to know them better...the faster they learn my sarcasm, the faster we'll get along :)

It was a beautiful day, and I enjoyed driving through the country to see the tractors and planters playing in the mud. This time of year is one of my favorites, along with the fall, because I love driving through the country and watching people farm. (You can take the kid out of Iowa but you can't take Iowa out of the kid). I'm sure my old man gets tired of me calling him twice a day to get updates on how the planting is going, but it's how i stay in touch...Now i got my future father-in-law that I can call to, which is nice.

Speaking of Curt, when we stopped by the Kahle residence he showed me his unexpected new arrival on the farm (one of his heifers had a baby calf, much to the surprise of Curt, and I probably assume the heifer as well)... I love being in the barn... I miss the farm.

Oh well, there you have it lots of rambling, but in all it was a great day... Got to spend some time with the sweetie, see the future in-laws and had supper at EJ's.

2 comments:

Tricia Layton and Lane said...

I can't believe you are knocking garage sales!! And you are right, more "STUFF" did go into that garage today. I had an entertainment center that I put a FREE sign on and when my cousin and Aunt Julie seen that I was told to put $5 on it because I will probably get $5 for that, YOU JUST DON"T GIVE THAT STUFF AWAY FOR FREE.. Well...Jul called me and sure enough I got $5 for it!!! Sweet huh!!

Dawn said...

I agree with Tricia! SnL has made about $15 so far. That's $15 you didn't have in your pocket yesterday!